Friday, July 19, 2013

Branching out

I've been spending some time lately seeing how hard it is to pick up freelance writing work to amass a bit more money to have some financial security.  I'm pretty lost in this department, but I really want a new bed and have some other expenses coming up, so I'm exploring.  I'm not convinced that there's a legitimate way to make money on the internet that doesn't involve me pretending to be a Nigerian prince or taking off my clothes, and neither of those will work because I'm a pretty honest person and also I think people would pay me to put my clothes back on.

But back to the training-had a few decent runs this week, including one with Henry in the stroller.  He got a little pissed towards the end but we got to check out some fireflies, and I bribed him with Dinosaur Train.  Yes, I am that mom who said my son would NEVER watch TV, and now I have amended that to "My son will NEVER watch TV except when I'm getting ready in the morning, when he needs to chill out before bed, when I need five seconds to get something done, and pretty much any other time I let him watch TV."  It's just a lifesaver sometimes.  Especially because he's at the point where he wants to play with me, but he requires all my attention, so the days of folding the laundry while playing are OVER.  And as much fun as dinosaurs are, I can only make them talk to each other for so long.

I love seeing his little imagination going, though, and listening to him make his toys talk to each other.  It's so fun to see a kid with a mind that isn't hampered by any sort of self consciousness or restraint or hell, reality.  If he says he's a tiger, then dammit, he's a tiger.  And I'd better get on board as the tiger mom.

So I'm off to internet it up, and turn in early because tomorrow is.....the 12-miler.  Considering during mile 10 of last week's long run I was calling my map my run app a cunt, this could get interesting.  I'm going early to avoid the ungodly heat, and also to save people's ears from my inevitable profanity.  If you see a really slow girl trucking along tomorrow morning, wave!  Just kidding, I won't notice you.  I'll be concentrating on not falling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment