Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thriftiness FAIL

So I was so happy about finding Henry a Jumparoo, and he just loves the thing-until today, when several of the straps broke and he fell through it.  I was in the kitchen and noticed the lack of bouncing, and both dogs were running around it, obviously freaking out-thankfully he didn't fall all the way through.  But he was definitely squished in there.

When Ben looked at it he saw that the straps were really worn-of course, something we should have looked at when we brought the damn thing home, but also something the store should have checked.  So I'm going to rescind my "used toy" opinions-well, edit it anyway, to say that if you're going to count on something to support your kid's weight, you want to go ahead and spend the money to buy a new one.  We learned the hard way.  Of course, after this,  I plan to never buy Henry toys ever again, and also to never put him down.

Ben started talking about all the near-death experiences he had as a child in an attempt (I think) to make me feel better.  Surprisingly, the realization that I have the rest of my life to have moments like these does not improve my state of mind....

Oh well.  We've got a three day weekend coming up, going to see a new baby tomorrow.  Hopefully we can make it through the weekend without major incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment